Home Recording For Musicians For Dummies
Are you thinking of getting started in home recording? Do you want to know the latest home recording technologies? Home Recording For Musicians For Dummies will get you recording music at home in no time. It shows you how to set up a home studio, record and edit your music, master it, and even distribute your songs.
With this guide, you’ll learn how to compare studio-in-a-box, computer-based, and stand-alone recording systems and choose what you need. You’ll gain the skills to manage your sound, take full advantage of MIDI, mike common instruments, do overdubs and replace missed notes, understand the mastering process, and prepare your music for duplication. You’ll also discover how to:
- Put together all the things your home recording studio should have
- Perform multitrack recording and venture into MIDI sequencing
- Clean up your tracks by becoming an expert at mixing and editing
- Choose the gear that suits your project
- Add computers and software to your recording tools
- Set up microphones and connect electronic instruments
- Edit tracks, mix, master, and distribute your songs
- Work with MIDI and electronic instruments
- Get the most from guitars, horns, pianos, and vocals
- Enhance your sound with professional editing tips
Whether you’re a beginning musician or a pro, Home Recording For Musicians For Dummies teaches you home recording basics so you can begin recording music at home and create great CDs.